Rigging101 » Rigging128

ik to fk snap (3 posts)

About This Topic

Tags

No tags yet.

1. pushkar.rautela

Posted 4 years ago
    #

It should be work Between IK to FK Controls as well as FK to IK controls but i am getting problem when its going fk to ik. so Is there any easiest way to short out this things.

pushkar
  2. sim.On

Posted 4 years ago
    #

hi pushkar,

actually , there are 2 things you need to know:
    - check your rotation Orders + create SNAP_transforms
    e.g. on the FK_Wrist_Ctrl and the IK_Wrist_Ctrl , usually in a cool rig , you will have 2 different rotation-orders for the both controls . and in order to get your snapping-script working well , i would suggest , you add a "IK_Wrist_SNAP"-group and a "FK_Wrist_SNAP"-group below your wristJoint ..... with the same position and orientation , the appropriate control has . and ideally also connect the rotation-order of the control , with this new snap-helper-transform ( this way , the system will not break , once any animator is changing any rotation-order )

then , in the snap-script , grab the rotation , and translation via "xform -q -ws -translation / -rotation IK_Wrist_SNAP" , and set these values to your IK_Wrist_Ctrl . this way , you will match 100% perfectly the position and rotation of your FK_Ctrl , and vice versa.

for the IK_elbow_Ctrl , i would suggest to simply snap the translation , to the translation of the elbow-joint.

usually , i place these kind of "SNAP"-transforms below the joints, e.g. FK and IK_SNAP below the wristJoint , FK_upperarm_SNAP below the upperarm_joint

- if you have setup a more or less complex stretchy-setup , the snapping script has to make some additional calculations / formula for calculation the stretch and set these attributes propperly .
    ---------------------------------
    addionally you might want to check out Aaron Holly's Fahrenheit Digital Rigging Part1 .... i think , as far as i remember , he is showing an FK-IK_snapping-script and explains it on the DVD .

3. pushkar.rautela

Posted 4 years ago
    #

thanks sim,..let me do this things whatever u suggested me.

You must log in to post.

Rigging101 » Rigging128
1,099 posts in 307 topics over 101 months by 188 of 8,226 members. Latest: fashionpvp, d2q4p5z2j, gasheldonl