Influence Objects (2 posts)

About This Topic

Tags

No tags yet.

1. greatbear

Posted 5 years ago
    #

Hi all,

Just a quickie - I've been playing around with influence objects and after a while, found the "use components" toggle switch in the channel box by the skin cluster. This is exactly the effect I was looking for because the influence object is a nurbs surface which is being deformed by joints.

The only issue I am having is as soon as I flick the "use components" toggle to on, the shape it is deforming explodes around it - the vertices are pushed out in every direction. I want them to hold the position until it moves...

I've had a quick look around for the magic switch to control this but couldn't find it yet. If anyone could poit me in the right direction and save me a lot of time i'd be all ears!

Thanks in advance!

GB

2. greatbear

Posted 5 years ago
    #

Just had a quick scan on the internet and found a possible solution under the normalise weights tab. Apparently it should be "interactive" instead of "post". Not sure if this'll work as not near Maya at the moment, but will check it out this evening.

Cheers

GB

You must log in to post.

Rigging101 » Rigging128
1,099 posts in 307 topics over 105 months by 188 of 8,226 members. Latest: fashionpvp, d2q4p5z2j, gasheldonl