Rigging101 » Rigging128

Maya Plug-in Wizard 2012 (1 post)

About This Topic

Tags

No tags yet.

1. greatbear

Posted 6 years ago
    #

I'm currently trying to install the Maya 2012 plugin wizard version 2.0.1. which I downloaded from Creative Crash. I've followed the instructions that accompanied - but hit a bit of a snag where it say's :

"3. Copy the *outer* "MayaPluginWizard" directory to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\VCWizards". NOTE: there should be a MayaPluginWizard directory within a MayaPluginWizard directory after this step."

There is no MayaPluginWizard directory within a MayaPluginWizard directory - just the one.
    When I come to creating a project in Visual Studio 2010, I get passed the New Project screen where you select the MayaPluginWizard and set the name and solution name no probs.

When I click on ok I get an error dialogue box which has a yellow triangle with black exclamation mark at the top with the adjacent message "An error has occured in the script on this page"

Line: 1
    Char: 1
    Error: Invalid character
    Code: 0
    URL: file:///c:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio%2010.0/VC/VCWizards/1033/Script.js

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes No

When I click Yes it'll reappoxear twice, with a different file name at the end (the ones that appear in the MayaPluginWizard directory ), then the wizard comes up. When I try and enter any details, the error box comes back and I can't get beyond this.
    I've had a look online and found a thread which relates this issue to my IE permissions that are located in the HKEY directories:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsmobile/archive/2007/01/08/ie7-and-smart-device-projects-in-vs-2005.aspx

This didn't work for me!

Thanks in advance, if anyone can shed anylight on the situation.

Cheers!

GB

You must log in to post.

Rigging101 » Rigging128
1,099 posts in 307 topics over 110 months by 188 of 8,226 members. Latest: fashionpvp, d2q4p5z2j, gasheldonl