Rigging101 » Rigging128

Joint base Facial setup (4 posts)

About This Topic

Tags

No tags yet.

1. baljeetbhartiya

Posted 6 years ago
    #

I want to use joint base facial setup in my Demo.Any kind of drawbacks in Joint Base Facial Setup.

2. Javier "Goosh" Solsona (admin)

Key Master
    Posted 6 years ago
    #

It has the limitations that you won't have as much granular control, but it can certainly be done.
    A combination of both joint and blendshapes would probably give you the most control. (if you are using only native tools)

3. pataz

Posted 5 years ago
    #

Hi Javier

I wondered how you do to use both blendshape and joint deformers... I would like to have a blenshape based rig with joints for little "tweaks", but how do you make the joints follow the blendshaped surface?

4. sim.On

Posted 4 years ago
    #

hey pataz,

i just read your post .... there is one way , to do it "this way":

1. in order to create locators , which follow you blendshaped-face:
    - you might want to use "surface Attach"-locators , which you can create from the "muscle"-menu ( bonus Rigging-feature ) , make sure you have the muscle-plugin loaded ) .... this is about the same , like if you would create a "rivet" .

2. then , you put your joints into these locators , and make an offset_null_group

3. bind your joints to the mesh

then do the TRICK

4. in order to prevent doubleTransforms , when the locator-joint-groups move around , driven by the blendshape:
    connectAttr the offset_group.inverseWorldMatrix to the ".preBindMatrix" , of your joint.

if you did it properly, this way , you will have a regular-blendshape-setup , with the additional possibility to tweak the surface with joints, which move around with your blendshape-face .

You must log in to post.

Rigging101 » Rigging128
1,099 posts in 307 topics over 105 months by 188 of 8,226 members. Latest: fashionpvp, d2q4p5z2j, gasheldonl