Rigging

Rigging101 » Rigging128

Could you guys give me some feedback? (3 posts)

About This Topic

Tags

No tags yet.

1. Dimitri Frazao

Posted 6 years ago
    #

Hi everyone.
    I've been putting together a demoreel and I was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback.
    Both on the rig and presentation.
    I'm gonna rework this reel, change the boy rig and add more rigs, so any feedback is SUPER welcomed.
    here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3xXXuhfPNU&feature=player_embedded

Thanks for your time!
    Dimitri

2. mzahmbie

Posted 6 years ago
    #

Hey Dimitri! Everything you show in the reel looks solid, and I like the speed of each individual piece. From just personal looking around at reels in the past, there are a lot out there that move so fast you can't really tell what the person is trying to show you, and that was perfectly clear in your reel. The face rig could use more attention, it felt a little like an after thought with about 2 minutes of the reel on the body, and 15 seconds on the face.

Some suggestions. You've got a solid rig by the looks of it, so use that and demo it in a more interesting way. You can do this by picking the key features in the rig that you really like and show them, you don't need to focus on showing that the basic movement of the rig works, like the IK arm, PV and foot roll.

I was given some advice about a year ago that I really liked, so I'll pass it along. When demoing a rig pose the character, don't just move controllers around. Find some extreme poses that really show off what the rig can do, and use it to get into those poses. It's a lot more interesting to watch than nudging controllers around and has the same effect since you've got to show the arm moving, the foot rolling, etc. to hit good poses. And do the same with the face, really show that your face rig can hit great emotional expressions.

I hope this is helpful.

3. Dimitri Frazao

Posted 6 years ago
    #

Thank you so much
    My friend told me the same thing about hitting a cool pose.
    I'm gonna redo everything and make sure I'll hit a nice pose.

The face is definitely weak. I'm remaking the face controls and giving it more attention.

I shall go back to work and apply all them.
    Thanks for taking your time to help me out!
    I appreciate.
    Dimitri

You must log in to post.

Rigging101 » Rigging128
1,099 posts in 307 topics over 110 months by 188 of 8,226 members. Latest: fashionpvp, d2q4p5z2j, gasheldonl