Rigging101 » Rigging128

freelancing (3 posts)

About This Topic

Tags

No tags yet.

1. Rie

Posted 6 years ago
    #

Hi, I'm still kinda inexperience in rigging, but right now I'm involved in setting up a biped for a collaborative team project.
    I'm curious, if someone wants to hire you to do some rigging work and ask you for a quote for 4 rigs, a quad and 3 biped, how should I respond?
    And also, usually how much time do you need to finish a biped and/or a quad rig? Let say break it down into stages such as setting up joints and control, then skin and deform, etc...

Thanks!

2. Javier "Goosh" Solsona (admin)

Key Master
    Posted 6 years ago
    #

Hey Rie

Well.. that's a HUGE question and one that is not easily answered.

1. The complexity of the rigs would make the project longer or shorter.
    2. The cost would depend on the length of the project as well as YOUR rate. Which is different from people to people.

As far as how long things would take. Again, it depends on a million things. Is it just the rig/motion system or deformations are part of the equation too?

I've done rigs in a couple of days and rigs that took 4-5 months. So I would most probably charge different for them.

The best way to go about doing it is to determine how long it would take you to build the rigs, then figure out an hourly rate that you think it's fair for your and multiply them. Maybe add a bit of padding

Javier

3. Smapdi

Posted 6 years ago
    #

Make sure you protect yourself and the client by adding in reviews. For example: Deliver the animation rig with stand in geometry, let the team review while you start the deformations. This assumes there is time for all this. But you want to have a concept of a "change order" in place so you minimize risk to the deadlines (your sleep and health and the client's trust).

You must log in to post.

Rigging101 » Rigging128
1,099 posts in 307 topics over 110 months by 188 of 8,226 members. Latest: fashionpvp, d2q4p5z2j, gasheldonl