Rigging

Rigging101 » Rigging128

How to cleanup out liner after rigging (8 posts)

About This Topic

Tags

No tags yet.

1. srinivasvadde

Posted 7 years ago
    #

sir i am so much confused how to clean the out lner ofter compleating the rigging

2. shrcnr

Posted 7 years ago
    #

I've been facing the same problem, but after referring to a lot of character rigs I have solved my problems to an extend.
    Cleaning up really depends on how detailed or advanced the rig is.If the rig includes features like stretching then the grouping becomes more complicated.
    I used many simple rigs as well as some really complicated rigs like Packageman as references.Grouping of controls in PMrig are really tricky.Try to understand the need of every groups created in those rigs.Hopefully you will understand some of it(I still haven't figured it out completely).Also pay attention to the constraints of the global control.

3. Brad Clark

Posted 7 years ago
    #

Maya assets/containers can help greatly when trying to clean up a rig. They can do much more than just organize the scene but its a place to start.

A small example using them
    http://www.the-area.com/blogs/stevenr/maya_assets_part_1_creating_and_managing_assets

http://www.the-area.com/blogs/stevenr/maya_assets_part_2_working_with_existing_assets

Brad Clark
    Motion Editor/Animator/Character TD...Austin TX
    Co-Founder / Mentor @ http://www.RiggingDojo.com
  4. sim.On

Posted 7 years ago
    #

[quote]sir i am so much confused how to clean the out lner ofter compleating the rigging[/quote]

do not do it "after" rigging
    rename every object when you create it
    -----------------------
    group any objects which belong to a specific module into under one big entry ( e.g. "L_Arm_grp" or "M_Spine_grp" )
    -----------------------
    common naming conventions are e.g. "M"( middle ) ... "L"/"R" ( left / right ) , "_grp" ( group ) , "CTL" ,"_ctrl"or "_CON" ( for controls ) , "_IK" , "_pVec" , "poCon" , "_paCon" ( ikhandle, poleVector, pointConstraint, parentConstraint") --- "_mdn" , "_pma" , "_rev", "_cond" ( multiplyDivideNode, plusMinusAverageNode, reverse, condition)

bodyparts might be "hip", "pelv"(is),"spine" ,"neck","head","shou"(lder),"clav"(icle),"uparm","loarm","wrist","palm","loleg","ankle","ball","toe".... for each other part you might consider looking into books about anatomy - from time to time - and name your bones and controls according to what you see in the books ( finally you are totally free to choose whatever name you like , for any object in maya - but it should at least make a little sense to the animators later )

5. Javier "Goosh" Solsona (admin)

Key Master
    Posted 7 years ago
    #

Yeah. Naming naming naming

A rig doesn't actually have to be that complicated. I really don't think any of my rigs are that crazy. (you should see the ones we have at work :D) But it's all about structure. You need to have a plan, you need to be methodical and you need to stick to it.
    Have the same naming convention for everything. Make sure you name every single node. Group them together in a way that makes sense like sim.On said. It doesn't matter which naming convention you use, as long as it's clear, it makes some kind of sense and you stick to it.

A good rig is not a complicated rig, it's a nice clean rig

6. custom r

Posted 7 years ago
    #

Simon is right. Before "rigging" you need to create groups where you should put all big objects.

7. pavithramurali

Posted 7 years ago
    #

Hey are you talking about cleaning up extra nodes that are not DAG or about the heirarchy ?

8. Anonymous

Posted 7 years ago
    #

Golf Choices

It happens all the occasion. Why? Because you¡¯re entire body fatigues and your brain doesn¡¯t [url=http://www.golfstore18.com]discount golf clubs[/url] maintain a high sufficient degree regarding concentration. The result's bad club choice; swing mechanics and diminishing self-confidence. ishiner

9. sim.On

Posted 7 years ago
    #

i think it is about "hierarchy" and naming conventions in general . ( pretty important for larger projects )

and you can create additional "containers" in order to cleanUp and structure your scenes in an even better way .but in most productions i was working on , this was not the case - as it seems to be just additional work , nobody needed so far , but well - it can help organize in a real good way.

i think containers are not used very often , as it is pretty newSchool - as containers where introduced in maya in version 8 or 8.5 or so ... and most oldSchool-Rigging-Gurus never got used to using them , because of compatibility-issues due to "new features" . but in the meanwhile , i guess , it is since maya2009 a good way , in order to keep everthing together , that belongs together - so if you build a new autorigger , i think it is a good idea to use containers for an additional_hierachy , and for locking your rigs. but i would personally not use the latest 2011 features yet - if you need to stick with maya2009 or 2010 in your working environment .i think there were several new features introduced in maya2011 when it comes to containers . but i did not have a look at these new maya2011 features yet.

You must log in to post.

Rigging101 » Rigging128
1,099 posts in 307 topics over 110 months by 188 of 8,226 members. Latest: fashionpvp, d2q4p5z2j, gasheldonl