Rigging

Rigging101 » Rigging128

Advanced Character Rigging TJ Galda (5 posts)

About This Topic

Tags

No tags yet.

1. Dimitri Frazao

Posted 7 years ago
    #

Hi.

Has anyone read/seen the book/DVD Advanced Character Rigging by TJ Galda.

It has a nice review on CG India.

Anyone?

Thanks.

2. thnkr

Posted 7 years ago
    #

I have a copy. I haven't seen his approach in other tutorials, so you may find it worthwhile. It pre-dates Maya Muscle, so you may not need the techniques TJ describes if you're looking for a more general purpose muscle rig. Also note that the book is very thin. It's 60 pages (content is page 10 - page 51) in large type. That came to about $1 per page with shipping and handling for me. It's definitely one of the most expensive books I've got. But it's well written and TJ knows his stuff.

3. Dimitri Frazao

Posted 7 years ago
    #

Only 60 pages?!
    Wow... the information must be really good

What else did you find interesting in the book?
    Was his approach to tendons and muscles better then using Maya muscles?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

4. thnkr

Posted 7 years ago
    #

The book was written for Maya 8.5 A lot has changed since then. The section that I found the most interesting discusses the use of the Soft Modification Tool to creating sliding skin over bones and tendons.

5. sim.On

Posted 7 years ago
    #

i also ordered a copy of the booklet a while ago .

it is pretty much the same content as the (90minutes masterclass) DVD , which can be downloaded from the AD-subscription page for free . ( the masterclass was released about 1/2 year later than the booklet )

You must log in to post.

Rigging101 » Rigging128
1,099 posts in 307 topics over 110 months by 188 of 8,226 members. Latest: fashionpvp, d2q4p5z2j, gasheldonl