Rigging101 » Rigging128

Modular Procedural Rigging (3 posts)

About This Topic

Tags

No tags yet.

1. ryangriffin

Posted 7 years ago
    #

I am about 1/4 of the way through the MPR tutorial from 3D Buzz. What a great DVD set! I am learning a ton about Python scripting while getting some great ideas for setting up my own MPR system. Right now I am stuck on a problem that arose at DVD 045, so I thought I would take a break to post my thoughts on the tutorial. Is anyone else going through the MPR series?

2. sim.On

Posted 7 years ago
    #

hi ryan ,

i am working through the lessons as well - right now , i am about at lesson 100 . and for me everything is working well .

if you are using maya2011 , then you might get into problems , using scriptJobs - at least , thats what i figured out , when i came to the symmetry-move behaviour-implementation . i mostly used maya2009 for the lessons up to now , but I wanted to give it a test in maya2011 and experienced 2 small problems with the "symbolButtons" , which are not really difficult to adress , but i did not yet find out how to deal with the scriptJob problem in maya2011 - anyway , i continue the work in maya2009 .

so if you are using m2011 , i would suggest , to follow the courses with m2010 or m2009 . as you are on the safe side - when it comes to maya2011-bugs , that might appear in m2011

----------------
    when typing in the code from the lessons , i sometimes made faults , which i could solve very easily , and then ,there were faults i made - that i needed to find out finally - and in 2 cases i was really taking some efforts to find my own mistakes - then i scrubbed mostly back and forward in the videos , to compare my code , with the code in the videos ... and i would suggest you , to always be very precise and concentrated , when following the lessons , as sometimes steve explains everything very fast - when he "jumps back into maya" to test things out .

and once you experience one thing , is not working exactly as it is in the videos --- before you go on --- adress the error --- and fix it , before continuing with the next lesson !!! else your errors will sum up - and finally everything will not be working in the end .

------
    btw. i think it is really a great ressource to learn rigging , python in a modular approach

greetings
    sim.On

3. ryangriffin

Posted 7 years ago
    #

I figured out my problem. It was a simple mistake. It is interesting that you are having problems with Maya 2011. I may start scripting this in 2011 so I can deal with the problems now.

You must log in to post.

Rigging101 » Rigging128
1,099 posts in 307 topics over 110 months by 188 of 8,226 members. Latest: fashionpvp, d2q4p5z2j, gasheldonl