Rigging

Rigging101 » Rigging128

Rigging a biped/quadreped Rat rig?? (4 posts)

About This Topic

Tags

No tags yet.

1. mrpixxx

Posted 7 years ago
    #

Hey guys im trying to rig a rat that can walk on both its hind legs yet have the ability to scurry on all 4's. Can anyone help or give me pointers on how i can do this please? thank you

2. Javier "Goosh" Solsona (admin)

Key Master
    Posted 7 years ago
    #

Bi-Quad rigs can be pretty tricky. Specially the deformation around the legs, the range of motion is huge

DreamWorks has a Siggraph paper out (I think from a couple of years ago) that talks a bit about this kind of rigs. Though we do have our own proprietary deformation solution that helps

3. mrpixxx

Posted 7 years ago
    #

oh wow okay thanx admin....can you share? or does this cost? thank you

4. Javier "Goosh" Solsona (admin)

Key Master
    Posted 7 years ago
    #

Not sure how to get hold of the Siggraph paper. They are often DVDs that Siggraph gives out or sells. Though not sure where. (I would start with http://www.siggraph.org)

From what I remember is was a fairly simple, generic paper. But it was nice to get to general idea.

The motion system for a bi-quad is fairly straight forward, but the deformations can be tricky. We have a lot of our own fancy tools to help us do that kind of stuff.

Puss in the coming up Shrek4 is a very good example. Not only is he bi-quad, but he is also super fat, that creates some very challenging problems. Michael Hutchinson (the one that rigged Puss) might have a paper coming out in Siggraph about it this year.

You must log in to post.

Rigging101 » Rigging128
1,099 posts in 307 topics over 111 months by 188 of 8,226 members. Latest: fashionpvp, d2q4p5z2j, gasheldonl