Rigging

Rigging101 » Rigging128

Multi constrain in MAYA - Help (2 posts)

About This Topic

Tags

No tags yet.

1. pjarunpragash

Posted 7 years ago
    #

Hi,

Would like to know how to apply muti constrain in MAYA. For example the rig I would like to do has hand control that could follow chest, hip or world. By a single click in the GUI how to do the constrain switching without the hand control popping out.

Thanks in advance..

Arun
  2. pjarunpragash

Posted 7 years ago
    #

The solution was given by one of the member in another group.... Sorry if I have not mentioned the needs properly.... I am bad in explaining.

"What u talking is dynamic parent space switching..............What u can do is....
    For eg...supposedly if u want ur arm to be space switched(i.e dynamically parented) under.....Chest,Pelvis and World..wat u can do is....take 3 dummys or empty grps....align them to the arm............ and parent them to chest pelvis and world resp.(i.e one to chest,2nd to pelvis and 3rd to world).....now parent constrain ur arm to these three dummys...which will give u a 0 offset constrain since ur arm and 3 dummys have same world space values(i.e aligned)....after that u need to write a script which does these......(wen ur arm has parent constrained 1 with dummy under chest.....and wen u wanna it parented under pelvis without pop...then align the other two dummies(i.e pelvis and world) to the chest dummy....and chg the parent constrained of chest to 0 and 1 to pelvis .which will prevent the pop since the constraint offset is maintained 0...and now the parent will be pelvis"

Hope the solution may be helpfull for others also...HAPPY RIGGING

You must log in to post.

Rigging101 » Rigging128
1,099 posts in 307 topics over 110 months by 188 of 8,226 members. Latest: fashionpvp, d2q4p5z2j, gasheldonl