Rigging101 » Rigging128

confustion (2 posts)

About This Topic

Tags

No tags yet.

1. baljeetbhartiya

Posted 7 years ago
    #

I am just started my rigging.But i am confuse for what i study to strong my rigging.who to start the things.what are the basics fundamentals for rigging.

2. Aeyoqen

Posted 7 years ago
    #

Hey there,

This is kind of a vague and broad question, that can be answered in a few ways...

In my opinion, dive right in. Get a book (or a really good online tutorial) and start following step by step, starting with a basic biped, moving into FK/IK, then hands, facial setup, etc., getting more and more complicated each time. As far as what to study, well, anatomy is a big thing. Also, edge loop flow of models, MEL, the Maya interface itself, how mechanisms move (depending on what you want to rig - always have reference). A few good books are CG Toolkit's The Art of Rigging 1 + 2, and if you really want to get into MEL, Professional MEL Solutions for Production and MEL Scripting for Maya Animators are good.

The only way you can get better is to practice, practice, practice. Challenge yourself. Have animators test your rigs, tell you what's good and bad, and have other TDs tell you what you need to improve on.

Good luck!

You must log in to post.

Rigging101 » Rigging128
1,099 posts in 307 topics over 110 months by 188 of 8,226 members. Latest: fashionpvp, d2q4p5z2j, gasheldonl